10 Things I Love About the Church [at Northside]
It’s an honor to serve in God’s Church.
I was blessed to spend the first 5 1/2 years of my full-time ministry career at McDonough Christian Church in Henry County, Georgia, and am equally blessed to serve at Northside Christian Church in Yorktown, Virginia, where I’m currently in my 3rd year on staff.
I love the Church.
Specifically, here’s 10 things I love about the Church at Northside, in no particular order:
1) Ownership – Northside is full of talented people who take great ownership in their ministry.
2) Humble Leaders – The humble leadership of our elders, staff and Senior Minister, Larry Jones is truly admirable.
3) Artists – In my position as Worship & Arts Minister, I have the privilege of leading worship with so many talented artists.
4) Horses – Northside owns a horse farm. How cool is that?!
5) Nerf Guns, Dogs and Gym Shorts – The dynamic of our office is so flexible and relaxed, it’s not out of the ordinary to see a nerf gun war breakout, or be visited by someone’s pet, or even come dressed for the gym.
6) Vernon – Vernon is our Custodial Extraordinaire. It’s always a joy to hear him singing some good ol’ gospel tunes throughout the hallways of our facility.
7) Grace – Our congregation is FULL of IT.
8) Rich History – Northside turns 114 years old in a couple weeks. What an incredible legacy of ministry in this community!
9) Generations – Northside is very multigenerational, which I love. It’s not hard to find someone older and wiser to learn from, or someone younger to pour yourself into.
10) The Cross – Our campus has a cross that stands on a pillar towering above our facility. It’s a great reminder for why we’re here.
What do you love about the Church at ___________________? Share in the comment section below.